A: Regular skin care is a must for beautiful skin! In this selfie-oriented world, we are more aware of wanting to look our best in any lighting, indoors or outside. Good skincare includes self-care steps done at home daily as well as routine professional maintenance. Having a professional esthetician help care for your skin is just like going to a gym and working with a trainer to get the best workout, specifically tailored for your body.
Q: What are the advantages of having facials and peels performed by a professional?
A: There are multiple reasons to have professional facials done on a regular basis, such as once per month. This is what our BBC (Beauty Boot Camp) offers to all of our members.
1. Cleansing and exfoliation –Properly done, these steps remove the dull dead skin cells, dirt and debris that has become embedded in the top layer of the epidermis. This brings your young, fresh cells to the surface and improves texture and appearance.
2. Extractions – These are best done by a professional esthetician who has the proper tools and products for a more thorough job with minimal irritation. Improper treatment can make a problem worse!
3. Improved circulation – This is an important part of a professional facial. The products and massaging motions applied during the procedure improve blood flow to the skin, resulting in increased local detoxification while bringing in more oxygen and nutrients for healing. It also stimulates the production of new cells such as fibroblasts which can lead to collagen production and healthy cell production.
4. Anti-oxidants, peptides and hyaluronic – these are all great ingredients for the skin. Professionals use high quality products with greater concentrations of active ingredients that are appropriate for your skin type. For example, your skin needs change when the weather is cold and dry vs. when it is hot or humid. Your skin care needs to evolve with the seasons and also with stress, age, diet, pregnancy and other hormonal events.
5. Customized care – Estheticians can analyze your skin and will address the problems and treat with products that will work best for you. They have a variety of products and
modalities to use as your individual needs change. They can also advise you on the best products for your home use.
6. Professional products & skill – Professional products generally have stronger concentrations of the active ingredients than homecare products which may have some
similar ingredients. Proper timing and technique with the products and tools is important and the esthetician’s knowledge and experience is vital for the best results.
7. Rest & relaxation – A little pampering is good for the soul. Relaxation is important for all of us so treating yourself or a loved one to a facial will provide multiple benefits.
We hope this helps answer your questions and we look forward to seeing you at
Gentle Touch Aesthetics.